Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening! I just replaced my ignition switch on my beetle and when removing the old switch, a gold metal piece fell to the floor. I couldn’t figure out where it went so I put it all back together and now my wipers aren’t working. Not sure if it’s related but I’ve been searching for photos of the wiper switch to figure it out and am out of luck. It’s a small bent gold rectangle with a screw hole on one end. Guessing it belongs in the steering column with the horn on the wipers switch. Any advice is welcome! TIA!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Good evening! I just replaced my ignition switch on my beetle and when removing the old switch, a gold metal piece fell to the floor. I couldn’t figure out where it went so I put it all back together and now my wipers aren’t working. Not sure if it’s related but I’ve been searching for photos of the wiper switch to figure it out and am out of luck. It’s a small bent gold rectangle with a screw hole on one end. Guessing it belongs in the steering column with the horn on the wipers switch. Any advice is welcome! TIA!
do you see the small metal piece in this
pic anywhere

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just replaced the ignition switch. Thanks so much!! So where do I put it?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry, trash can, need a new switch, am pretty sure that type is actually the turn signal and wiper switch as asingle unit, do your turn signalswork?
Yes, and the horn works. I’ll just order a new one! Thanks again!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts