Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen any threads posted about the rabbit taking on any trucks- more specifically the V8s. Does anyone have any experience or know of any trucks out there that are quicker than the rabbit? I know the new tundra is way faster...

·
Peach Tea Chugging Mo-Fo
10,040 Posts
I raced an f150... think it was a v6 tho. It was in one of those rich neighborhoods and it was the typical rich kid, pimpin in his tuck. I beat him by about a car length. Ford v6's tend to be slow from my experience tho. And I am sure their v8 would kill us.
And yah, Toyota trucks are fast. Also I've driven the Nissan Titan V8... that thing hauls too.

·
Registered
269 Posts
i raced a tundra, v8 with flowmaster exhaust...neck and neck but then he started gaining minimal distance around the 60's

·
Registered
737 Posts
the truck will rollover

·
Registered
78 Posts
My other vehicle is a Truck...a Chevy with a 454..that is 7.4L vortec to the Metric folks. I have had it to the Strip and know it is a very fast truck but I am sure my rabbit would be quicker. And my truck is quicker than any ford but the lightning..

·
We're Geekin'
8,488 Posts
My old truck, 2003 s10 w/ the 4.3l v6. 180hp, 245lbft/tq with LSD. It would take me off the line, I'd catch up to it though.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just beat a dodge ram hemi yesterday morning with my stock 09. It was a little wet out and we were both spinning the tires for a while. But I finally pulled away at about 60 mph.

·
Registered
296 Posts
My dads 04 2500 Durmax will kill the rabbit and most turbo rabbits but he has the full banks power package. I have done burn outs all the way through the high school parking lot when i went their. I have never been in a truck that is that fast.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
There aren't any changes between the 08' and 09' rabbits, are there?

·
Premium Member
12,610 Posts
09's have a motronics 17 ECM (MUCH more powerful) and have 151 wire pins for more sensors for emissions. They also do NOT have a mass air flow sensor...they have a manifold pressure sensor. (Except Jetta 2.5 wagon, they have maf sensors)

·
Registered
564 Posts
I was stopped at a light in a little town on the highway where i live and i guy i work with pulled up in his 2005 F150 i think it is a V8 but ill have to get back to you on that one, so we rev up and the lights go green and i pull away about a car ahead untill around 65ish and we were neck and neck untill the road merged and he had to slow down and take his rightfull place behind my sexy rabbit lol. He did have one of those tool boxes in the back which added quite a bit of weight but im sure he would have had me if the road didnt merge. My rabbit is 5spd with just a cold air intake and i had 2 passenger

·
Registered
334 Posts
This might put a spin on things. My buddy has a lifted F350 7.3 Turbodiesel that is chipped, intake, and exhaust. One day he decided to ask if i wanted to race him, and up a hill by his house no less. Keep in mind, I was driving my modded 98 beetle then and as we pulled out onto the road before the hill he started gettin on it. I redlined it everytime and was so close to his rear bumper that he prolly couldnt even see my car at all. He only started to pull away slightly as we reached the top of that hill. This was done in a 2.slow with light mods, not a rabbit so Im pretty sure our cars can take just about any truck out there besides a select few.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts