Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I got a pre-owned sportwagen about a month ago, and the second day I had it, it had a horrendous misfire on all cylinders. I thought okay, went to the store and got new coils and spark plugs, which solved the issue. About a week later, it begins misfiring again, but much less severely. It also seems to only happen on cylinder 1. The car doesn't drink oil or coolant at all. The new cyl 1 misfire only happens at WOT and its not like it happens every revolution, it just kinda sputters a little bit, and If i let off and then re-apply the throttle, it usually doesnt do it again throughout the pull, even on higher gears. When it misfires, it almost sounds like the DV is letting a tiny bit of air out, like a split second hissing noisee coming from the intake. Im unsure if this is a result of the misfire or the cause. Any input would be appreciated, but it seems like everything is pointing to a bad injector. Fuel pressure and boost both look excellent when graphing it on vag.

· Registered
75 Posts
You may have a cracked wire feeding the coil pack on #1. Spray it with a small amount of water and see if you get the misfire at idle.

Reactions: sportwagenmoneypit
1 - 3 of 3 Posts