Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My hubby has a 12 volt socket charger for his phone. It is a socket with 2 USB ports in it. He plugs it in, then connects his phone with a usb/Lightning cord. Works fine in his Toyota truck. However, it does not work in either one of my 2017 Golf. I thought at first maybe it was my socket, but it doesn’t work in the one in the armrest either. Ideas?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Not to be condescending, but is the car on? Don't know about Toyotas, but in VW's the ignition has to on or the engine running for the 12V sockets to be live.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not to be condescending, but is the car on? Don't know about Toyotas, but in VW's the ignition has to on or the engine running for the 12V sockets to be live.
Yep, the car is on andwasrunning down the road when we were trying it. Is there maybe a fuse thatmight be burnedout?

·
Registered
320 Posts
Could be a fuse, but VW doesn't provide a fuse box diagram so you have to check them all. Is there something else you can try in the socket to test it or use a voltmeter? Sometimes plugs don't reach the bottom of the socket.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think hubby has a voltmeter. When I use his plug and pull it back out, the tip is like a spring and is always stuck flush in it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts