Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, brand new member here! Just bought a crashed '13 CC R line, salvage title that i'm going to rebuild for myself. I'm really excited and can't wait to get started. The car was hit on the front right side. The driver side airbag deployed :/ So now I'm on a hunt for an airbag, I could get an airbag from the dealer for under 500 with my shop discount. I started searching through the forum and noticed some of you guys do GTI, and Golf R wheel swaps. I did also check out the thread where they guy shows you how to do the Golf R swap. I wanted to know though, since I want to go with GLI wheel, is there anything special that I would need to do, will all the buttons and stuff work properly? What year golf gti steering wheels should I be looking for? I really want to get the red stitch ones, I really love the way they look. Sorry last but not least, my dad's just saying to buy the airbag from the dealer and just change it so this way we don't have to remove the entire steering wheel, and he is also concerned that another car's wheel might not work or the connectors will be different. So really what I would like to know is would this be THAT crazy of job, or would it be okay to swap out the steering wheel all together. What years would work and is it better to just swap the whole wheel or order just the airbag? Thanks I know I wrote a lot, I'd just like to get this car on the road but I figured if this bag is blown, maybe I can find another wheel that looks cooler. Thanks guys!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts