1981 Beetlette sold at Harrods and Hamlyns and a small number of the VW Beetle design to VW dealers. Only made for a couple of years and about 300 vehicles in total made of which 50-80 were this model and approximately two thirds were sold abroad.
I have no idea how many are still in existence and in such good condition but I can only assume a very small number.
I bought it originally for use as promotional work for local radio station events. Intending to keep it a couple of years then sell it. However covid happened and only one event was done, with more events planned for this summer.
I bought it where it had been stored in a former VW garage since new. A few cracks in body, wing and sill on left hand side which have all been professionally repaired by local GRP company. I replaced the broken mono radio with a blue tooth modern stereo one and fitted two new speakers underneath the bench seat. The aerial was replaced as well with a modern replacement and existing holes were used. It is fitted with a 5bhp Briggs and Stratton engine and is key or pull rope start. Lights and horn work.
These are extremely rare now and the price reflects its quality and scarcity.
happy to send more pics and details. All paperwork from new including bill of sale etc to original garage available for car.
I would expect a parent to govern speed down for a child as it throws and adult around at about 20mph which is quick enough holding onto small wheel. Happy to share video, different pics or discuss car. Based in Sherborne near Yeovil.
£7,000