Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1984 Rabbit Diesel. I am going to restore it and do some mods.
I bought the car this summer for $600, it wasn't running and it had grease car kit in it, previous owner didn't really take care of the car so it has some dents and rust, it has 191000 miles on it.

As of right now then engine has been taken apart and cleaned, ready to be painted and new parts to be put in.
Interior was in pretty bad shape lots of rips and most of plastic parts were broken and were cut again owner had grease car kit and if the gauges or switches needed to be put in he just cut the holes in the dashboard))).
The car is going to be pained candy white and lowered, engine is going to be rebuilt. I am only 15 and don't have much money or time so the projects is going to be kind of slow. Planning to get engine bay cleaned and painted in the next 2 weeks.
I'm a big fan of Volkswagen and almost everybody in my family owns one.

·
Super Moderator
10,511 Posts
Paragraph, and not a block of text please.

To upload photos, open an account at a photo sharing site: ie: photobucket, snapfish or one of the many others.
Then upload from your computer to that site.
Once they have been uploaded, then you can post the (img) link in a reply or thread start.
usually between
tags.

Welcome to the ROC.

Reactions: bogdan9652

·
Super Moderator
10,511 Posts
Yes, We see you have your work cut out for you, and that you have made a great start.

If the engine bay isn't that bad but just dirty, I would pressure wash the bejeezers out of it.
They make a great cost effective (cheap) cleaner, called "Totally Awesome" that you can buy at Family Dollar Stores in a half gallon bottle for 3 bucks.
(It can etch paint so you have to watch it.) A lot of Elbow Grease, and you can get a clan looking bay.
Here is my 90's bay after a little cleaning.

You can see the How do I clean my car in the DIY's.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
1 - 13 of 13 Posts