Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. My daughter has just purchased a 2001 2.0 auto Beetle with factory boot spoiler which has the 3rd brake light mounted to it. I noticed that not all of the bulbs or LED's are lighting up. I did a quick search around and it seems to be a sealed unit. The question is is it the same unit for cars with spoilers as without? I have looked briefly while I am at work for spoiler mounted light unit but not coming up with anything specific. Which leads me to believe that they are all the same but I don't want to buy one if it is the wrong part. Has anyone any experience with this please?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
OK. So I took it apart and it has individual bulbs in there, most of which were blown. I replaced the blown bulbs but the connection isn't great. I tightened the bulb fittings and now it seems that the unit itself is not powering evenly. I need to find my multimeter to confirm but I'm 99 per cent sure that this is the case. So new question is does anyone know where I can find just the bulb holder portion of the unit without having to purchase a whole new lamp. It is a different part to that which is fitted to Beetles without the spoiler. I've been trawling ebay etc without much luck. Any help would be appreciated if anyone has any good UK contacts please?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts