Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know if anyone has experienced my same situation and can offer any assistance:
While driving to a meeting my 2005 Passat TDI engine quit! I mean it shut down and I was able to coast to the curb in a residential neighborhood. According to VW Customer service, I am a year and a half and 13,000 out of warranty when I called and asked for assistance. No help, so far. It appears at this time that the chain on the oil pump either broke or slipped. Whatever, it caused a large piece to break and appears to have gotten stuck somewhere causing the engine to shut down. The independant shop where I took it says that the crank shaft will turn, so perhaps the engine is ok. VW has issued a tech bullitin stating that the chain drive oil pump is on longer offered. It is now a gear driven pump. One of my concerns is that had I been driving on the Interstate and the engine quit, it could have been a deadly accident due to the sudden stop, for my family or some other vehicle.
So if anyone has had a similar experience with a TDI, I would appreciate hearing about it so I can talk further with VW and have some additional information. Sorry for the lengthy blog but would appreciate any help.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts