Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Car intermittently loses power and wont go past 80kmh. Rpm limited. Pull over turn it off and then on and car works as normal again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2007 Golf City
1 Posts
Car intermittently loses power and wont go past 80kmh. Rpm limited. Pull over turn it off and then on and car works as normal again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I recently had my 2006 Jetta TDI that I've owned since brand new totalled when it was rear ended by a GMC pickup. I've experienced the same issue as you have a couple of times and found that mine was caused by the ASV or anti shudder valve. The first time I experienced that problem it was the result of installing a tuning box. Same issue and I had to pull over shut off and restart the engine for it to run normally again. The tuning box manufacturer suggested disconnecting the ASV as a fix but I chose to get rid of the tuning box instead. The most recent issue that I had with the ASV caused sluggish acceleration or the engine shutting off with a major shudder. Both resulted from the butterfly valve sticking and binding resulting from a severe carbon buildup.

·
Registered
34 Posts
If your car is manual shift, another item that causes the car to go into limp home mode is a worn accelerator pedal. The metal traces inside the pedal box, which tell the ECU what to do, wear out and become intermittent, causing the drop in power and reduced RPM. Happened to my 2001 TDI at about 150,000 miles. Replaced the pedal assembly and problem went away.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts