Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all..I just got a 2006 Touareg. The car had been sitting for 2 months with a brand-new battery installed..it jump starts and drives but as soon as you turn it off it won't start again. I'm hoping it's just the battery needed full charge. Do I do this under hood or can I charge battery while under the seat. This car is starting to freak me out with all the techi issues they seam to have but I want to keep her. PLEASE ADVISE AND HELP

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey all..I just got a 2006 Touareg. The car had been sitting for 2 months with a brand-new battery installed..it jump starts and drives but as soon as you turn it off it won't start again. I'm hoping it's just the battery needed full charge. Do I do this under hood or can I charge battery while under the seat. This car is starting to freak me out with all the techi issues they seam to have but I want to keep her. PLEASE ADVISE AND HELP
Annnd now the brake light is staying in and when info to drive it feels like the park brake is on but it isn't..do I need to do some kind of reset since the battery/car sat for so long🤦🏼‍♀️😩

·
Registered
10 Posts
Annnd now the brake light is staying in and when info to drive it feels like the park brake is on but it isn't..do I need to do some kind of reset since the battery/car sat for so long🤦🏼‍♀️😩
I am surprised nobody has responded yet.

Jump start the car and drive it to a battery center for a battery test. It normally is for free. It could be a faulty battery, or the "new" battery has run down from standing and just needs a good charge until full.

If all else fails, read the manual. Is it the brake warning light in the instrument panel that is on, or the brake lights on the rear of the car? Not knowing a Touareg, what does the owner manual say about this light that is on? Several possibilities: It could be the light that shows your parking brake is on and has not been released. Or it could be a warning light indicating that the brake fluid is low and needs checking. Or, it could be a light indicating that your brake pads needs replacement. If no manual, drive to a dealership and ask for advice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts