Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The iPod adapter that comes with the OE ($200) iPod connector on the 2008 GTI is designed for the previous generation of iPods (not the ones released several months ago). Will VW be supplying updated plastic sleeves to permit use of the current Nano and Touch? Also, the new iPod Touch (and possibly the iPhone) uses a new OS, different from the other iPods. Will they operate from the GTI's radio, as do the older iPods? Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Brand New 80 gigs problems

Get this... I bought a brand new 80 gig iPod Video FOR my car. I already had a shuffle and was content, but the iPod jack was so enticing that I had to upgrade. Problem is when I plug the new iPod into the slot and turn on the radio, which has no issues at all!, the music coming from the iPod sounds JUST LIKE my speakers are completely blown!
This sucks so bad! spend 3oo bucks for the dang iPod to not be compatible!
So now I have the joy of trying my hardest to find a newER 5th generation iPod, because that is what is recommended "for best stereo sound quality".
Sooooo disappointing when you buy a 2008 vehicle and it is not compatible with iPods that came out a year before the car did...
Just Frustrating...

·
Registered
11 Posts
iPod woes

This is just a guess but go into your iPod equilizer and change it out. It sounds like you might have the equalizer set to "small speakers" or similar. Another problem that I have encountered is that the volume out on the iPod is set way up. Again just turn the volume down and give it a try.
I will mess with mine over lunch to see if I can copy your problem in my car.

·
Topless Moderator
6,589 Posts
a lot of people say to set the ipod at a medium volume, but i find it sounds much better when i turn the volume all the way up on the ipod, seems to be less background "fuzz."

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
There is a TSB about the iPod not fitting and an adapter that is available. If my other PC was on, I would remote connect and give you the number. Perhaps Nitro will beat me to it.

·
Registered
169 Posts
my iphone does not work in my friends 09 gti at all, won't charge or read!!!! 09 equals fail.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts