Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, this is my hail mary. I hit a deer in my 2008 rabbit and my passenger headlight is destroyed. Upon pulling some stuff out and looking deeper, it looks like just about everything around the headlight is pretty screwed. Any place the headlight attaches, it broke on impact. I have done almost all my own work on all of my cars, and plan to do this repair myself. The damage is minimal and I'll have no problems doing it myself. I just can't find any parts without paying super high prices because of how apparently rare my car is. Where do you all find parts? I have had no luck at ANY junk yards within a 2 hour radius of where I live. I've attached photos to give you better perspective of what I'm looking for. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey everyone, this is my hail mary. I hit a deer in my 2008 rabbit and my passenger headlight is destroyed. Upon pulling some stuff out and looking deeper, it looks like just about everything around the headlight is pretty screwed. Any place the headlight attaches, it broke on impact. I have done almost all my own work on all of my cars, and plan to do this repair myself. The damage is minimal and I'll have no problems doing it myself. I just can't find any parts without paying super high prices because of how apparently rare my car is. Where do you all find parts? I have had no luck at ANY junk yards within a 2 hour radius of where I live. I've attached photos to give you better perspective of what I'm looking for. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!!
Ebay. This is generally the BEST place to find second hand parts. Generally they originate in Europe, as there are way more models for the parts you need that interchange. I've found stuff coming out of Estonia. Mirrors and small bits that are easily shipped are quite easy to find. You will need the part number, then google the source. Bingo. A package comes in the mail...too simple.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts