Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks,
This is my last hope or my lovely wagon it's going to the junkyard.
unfortunately, I made a bad decision buying a 2009 Jetta sport wagon 2.5 it was a transmission issue I was told the selenoid, well after changing the whole body valve the car was the same it only runs 40mph, and when it takes 4th gear slips and stay in a limp mode in the 3rd gear, long short story,
I swap a whole transmission the same problem change TCM same swap all harness the same,
is anyone in this forum can solve this similar issue,
any advice I will appreciate thanks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Unfortunately, I am getting ready to jump into the inner workings of the mechatronics, because volkswagen told me that was the problem. However, I was also told be one of their lead mechanics here in St Louis, to check the linkage. He didn't look at my car, he just overheard me talking to someone else and as he walked by, he said to check the linkage. When I did, there was definitely a very menial adjustment that prevented it from jumping straight into limp mode, instead of the normal quarter mile, it would go about a half mile further before limp mode. But I still drove it everywhere...when the car was about to hit limp mode, I switched the engine off and back on instantly, before it could die and that would reset the transmission, and the car would drive perfectly on the highway, until i would hit the exit ramp and begin decelerating, then it would go back into limp mode, and I would repeat the off/on, and it would seemingly run fine. I drove it like that for 4 months until one day, at a stop light, I started to pull away, and nothing, the transmission just stopped and it hasn't moved since I towed it home. According to VW and several reports on NHTSA, the problem is with the mechatronics unit and it's only $3000-$5000 to repair it, even though it only costs them about $100 L&M, indicative their extreme overpricing is based on demand, rather than customer care imho. It just so happens that that is the blue book value of my 2008 VW Jetta Wolfsburg, making it very hard to decide whether to junk it or fix it. In the interim, I got so frustrated, I hit my radio and had to replace it with an ebay radio from a beetle and since it came from ebay, I dont have the code to get it out of safe mode, and VW was less than helpful, and my radio, just like my transmission is stuck in safe mode, I hate vw!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Unfortunately, I am getting ready to jump into the inner workings of the mechatronics, because volkswagen told me that was the problem. However, I was also told be one of their lead mechanics here in St Louis, to check the linkage. He didn't look at my car, he just overheard me talking to someone else and as he walked by, he said to check the linkage. When I did, there was definitely a very menial adjustment that prevented it from jumping straight into limp mode, instead of the normal quarter mile, it would go about a half mile further before limp mode. But I still drove it everywhere...when the car was about to hit limp mode, I switched the engine off and back on instantly, before it could die and that would reset the transmission, and the car would drive perfectly on the highway, until i would hit the exit ramp and begin decelerating, then it would go back into limp mode, and I would repeat the off/on, and it would seemingly run fine. I drove it like that for 4 months until one day, at a stop light, I started to pull away, and nothing, the transmission just stopped and it hasn't moved since I towed it home. According to VW and several reports on NHTSA, the problem is with the mechatronics unit and it's only $3000-$5000 to repair it, even though it only costs them about $100 L&M, indicative their extreme overpricing is based on demand, rather than customer care imho. It just so happens that that is the blue book value of my 2008 VW Jetta Wolfsburg, making it very hard to decide whether to junk it or fix it. In the interim, I got so frustrated, I hit my radio and had to replace it with an ebay radio from a beetle and since it came from ebay, I dont have the code to get it out of safe mode, and VW was less than helpful, and my radio, just like my transmission is stuck in safe mode, I hate vw!
Hi I fixed last week only cost 350 my car is a 2009 and the transmission I swap was from a 2011 from a junk yard,
It's working smoothly I'll I need is swap the original oil,
When I but this car had this problem they swap the solenoids and connect everything wrong, my fault was never check those harness unfortunately all clutches was bad for being driving with that issue,
Here is some pictures while was working on it.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts