Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 VW Rabbit 2.5
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Silver 2009 VW Rabbit 2.5 that was in a head on collision accident.
Due to reduced insurance coverage and the cost of repairs the insurance company deemed it to be totaled.
The interior is in great shape. The Engine and ancillary components appear to be in good shape. The accident mainly damaged the front-left section of the front end.
I am looking to part this vehicle out or sell it as is.
I will post pictures.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a Silver 2009 VW Rabbit 2.5 that was in a head on collision accident.
Due to reduced insurance coverage and the cost of repairs the insurance company deemed it to be totaled.
The interior is in great shape. The Engine and ancillary components appear to be in good shape. The accident mainly damaged the front-left section of the front end.
I am looking to part this vehicle out or sell it as is.
I will post pictures.
I had an immaculate, white, 2009 2.5-liter Rabbit 5-speed that I "totaled" in a low-speed, head-on collision exactly 3 years ago. My insurer, GEICO, took it off my hands and gave me around $6,500. I promptly replaced that beloved 2-door Wolfsburg Rabbit with a Mexico-assembled 2018 Golf GTI SE 6-speed. Paint color also white. Good luck dissecting your wreckage for parts!

·
Registered
2009 VW Rabbit 2.5
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had an immaculate, white, 2009 2.5-liter Rabbit 5-speed that I "totaled" in a low-speed, head-on collision exactly 3 years ago. My insurer, GEICO, took it off my hands and gave me around $6,500. I promptly replaced that beloved 2-door Wolfsburg Rabbit with a Mexico-assembled 2018 Golf GTI SE 6-speed. Paint color also white. Good luck dissecting your wreckage for parts!
Right before the car was in an accident I had reduced the insurance coverage to the bare minimum so it was not full coverage. Because of the reduced insurance the maximum amount Statefarm could give me for the car was $3,150. If I maintained the full coverage I would have also gotten the $6,500 as this was the Blue Book value. So I opted to take the $3,150 and take the car to attempt to part it out to try and make up for my losses. If I were to remove the catalytic converter I can sell it alone for around $400 so at a minimum I am trying to do that. I figured I can see the seats, the wheels and tires, side view mirrors, etc.. I was hoping to find someone who has the same car and is looking to rebuild it with the good parts from my car, its a shame to see it get crushed at a junk yard with so many good components.
Lesson learned in maintaining full coverage.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Das ist aber schade (about the insurance). Instead of "wreckage" I should have typed "treasured relic"! Tschüß.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts