Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a vehicle about a week ago , next day when I started the vehicle to warm it up right away I could smell gasoline in the engine . I checked under the hood, engine & under the vehicle but couldn't see any leaks. The smell of gas will stop after a min or so , but when I start driving and going down the road sometimes it comes back when I stop at red Light or a stop sign and the smell of gasoline would get inside the car through the vents too again just for a short period of time 45 sec or less but it comes through the vents . If anybody has had a same problem and knows what the issue is please let me know that would be great .

Thank You

·
Registered
2 Posts
Purchased a vehicle about a week ago , next day when I started the vehicle to warm it up right away I could smell gasoline in the engine . I checked under the hood, engine & under the vehicle but couldn't see any leaks. The smell of gas will stop after a min or so , but when I start driving and going down the road sometimes it comes back when I stop at red Light or a stop sign and the smell of gasoline would get inside the car through the vents too again just for a short period of time 45 sec or less but it comes through the vents . If anybody has had a same problem and knows what the issue is please let me know that would be great .

Thank You
My wife had a tiguan and when we would smell gas it meant it was time for anew intake manifold. We only went through three in the four years we had it. It is made of plastic.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanx for your reply about my new car . When your intake manifold needed to be replaced was your car running ok did u have service engine light on or was it just the fuel smell ????

1 - 4 of 4 Posts