Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I recently picked up a 2010 Tiguan but unfortunately it seems I've ended up with the version that only allows hands-free calling instead Bluetooth audio streaming. After some research it seems simply replacing the BT module under the passenger seat won't quite solve my problem as (according to a post I read) it is only wired for mono audio.

More research shows the stereo head isn't particularly difficult to remove, so I thought I might as well just swap the stereo head with something more modern with its own Bluetooth. Would this process be simply replacing the stereo head and getting the proper wire harness? I used to swap to aftermarket decks in my cars 10 ish year ago before infotainment systems became the norm, but I wanted to see if this car was gonna make a big stink about the stereo being swapped. Oh and I guess there will be like, a code to enter that's supposed to come with the new stereo?

If anyone has swapped stereos in one of these before I'd appreciate any insight I to the process, thanks!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts