Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I was hoping to get some feedback from you folks about changing my drum brakes in the rear to discs. Any thoughts, ideas? Thank you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Hello everyone, I was hoping to get some feedback from you folks about changing my drum brakes in the rear to discs. Any thoughts, ideas? Thank you.
I changed mine about a year ago and love the change. Stopping power is better and I got the kit from ecstuning.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Can pull the parts off another MK6 with rear disc.

Look around, there are complete IRS/SRS assemblies for sale, that will have everything
still attached, even the rotors. Drop your SRS rear suspension, to upgrade to an IRS with
all the parts, or just buy the brackets, calipers, hoses, and rotors from someone...

EXAMPLE:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/10-14-VW-Volkswagen-MK6-Jetta-Independent-Rear-Suspension-OEM-/263065203513
THIS is your answer right here! Not only will you upgrade to disc, but also independent
suspension (IRS).

Sometimes you'll catch one in one of the forums... I don't see too many SRS suspensions for
sale, they're just hopeful sales from someone who upgraded to IRS.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do I need to change the suspension. I am not that big of a pro in this so I want to stay away from intense stuff.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I do not do the upgrade, then can I service my brakes so that my e brake handle is not pointing to the sky? Please let me know. Any good resources to know how to do that

1 - 7 of 7 Posts