Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the new owner of a lovely all leather, candy white TDI sedan. It's my first car after years of a motorcycle and I've gotta say I love the euro feel.

This is a car I really want to look after so I thought I'd ask others for some tips on taking good care of this good looking machine. I'd also love if other 2012-16 owners pitched in with recommended mods and accessories.

Firstly, is a diesel additive recommended and does it improve power-efficiency-engine health or is it a waste of time? My Jetta had 100,000 kms (Australia) on the clock so I want to take good care of it from now on.

Outwardly I'm keen to replace the stock wheels with 18' rims possibly in matte black... Really keen for thoughts on choice of rims? Also a sports exhaust upgrade would be nice but for now I'd settle for chrome tips due to budget.

I'd love to hear from some fellow 2012-16 owners, tell me what I need to know about the model!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Congrats on your purchase. Additives are good. It'll help alot when it gets cold and whatnot.

For maintenance, I'd have the timing belt, fuel pump, and oil change scheduled if not already.

For rims, I personally have Drag Alloys on mine. 17 inch rims, but make my car look sexy atleast lol. Other brands would be HRE and MB just to throw a couple out.

Sent from Galaxy Note 4 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks mate. I do have the service scheduled.

TBO I think 17' are the best size. Any larger and tyres cost waaaay too much, (atleast here in Oz). The Drag wheels look quality. Is your Jetta white man?

·
Registered
13 Posts

TBO I think 17' are the best size. Any larger and tyres cost waaaay too much, (atleast here in Oz). The Drag wheels look quality. Is your Jetta white man?
Mine is Black. I have black tint, black interior, tan ceiling..

17s are best for me because I have a clutch and I recently got the assembly replaced due to a faulty part, but other than that, this is a pretty sturdy car.

·
Registered
13 Posts

Also I got my tires changed. L...ran just under $500, so it isn't too bad. Any bigger it would've ran 800 to 1000 and I'm not that rich lol.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts