Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My Eos has been having a "Check" Engine Light problem. The Fault recording is "Idle Air Control System RPM is Higher Than Expected.
The VW service dept has replaced the Breather Hose Assembly. Fault cleared. Then within a couple weeks the checkengine light comes on again, same fault. They replaced the Throttle body, said it was causing the issue. Got the car back, a day later the check engine lights back on, same fault but this time they can't find the reason. I am beginning to think I paid for 2 repairs that had nothing to do with the check engine issue. The car ran fine when the first 2 repairs were done. Now they are saying its something in the computer and are working with VW to figure out whats the cause. Anyone else have something similar? I'm being told that the first 2 repairs were not beneficial to fix this issue since the fault comes back. It only happens when outside temp is below 20 degrees and it eventually clears itself. HELP.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,
My Eos has been having a "Check" Engine Light problem. The Fault recording is "Idle Air Control System RPM is Higher Than Expected.
The VW service dept has replaced the Breather Hose Assembly. Fault cleared. Then within a couple weeks the checkengine light comes on again, same fault. They replaced the Throttle body, said it was causing the issue. Got the car back, a day later the check engine lights back on, same fault but this time they can't find the reason. I am beginning to think I paid for 2 repairs that had nothing to do with the check engine issue. The car ran fine when the first 2 repairs were done. Now they are saying its something in the computer and are working with VW to figure out whats the cause. Anyone else have something similar? I'm being told that the first 2 repairs were not beneficial to fix this issue since the fault comes back. It only happens when outside temp is below 20 degrees and it eventually clears itself. HELP.
Did you ever find a remedy or answer? I super interested as my 2012 EOS has constant Check engine light issues. Codes are not super specific and I really don’t want to pay VW to read and repair yet. I have random no crank issues as well... just wondered if you had gotten a clear fix

1 - 2 of 2 Posts