Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, I' going to but a 2013 TDI Sportwagon Thursday for my Wife to use as commuter.
I'm not completely new to VW diesels, just haven't had one since my '97 Passat.
I'm aware of dieselgate, but I have in the garage a 2018 Ram Eco Diesel. Ram's just gone thru the same deal.

The car we're planning to buy is a one owner, serviced by the selling dealer every 5K. It now has 110K on it and had the emission update done 5/19.

What should I be looking for when I inspect the car? I plan to get it up on a lift to check rust, exhaust, CV/axels, etc. It's got new tires and new rear brakes according to the seller and all electronics are supposedly working correctly.

I'm going to assume that the timing belt was changed per VW service but if I can't find or get that record, I'll just do a new one.

Anything I should look for especially that would be a cause to walk away?

TIA

John

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi folks, I' going to but a 2013 TDI Sportwagon Thursday for my Wife to use as commuter.
I'm not completely new to VW diesels, just haven't had one since my '97 Passat.
I'm aware of dieselgate, but I have in the garage a 2018 Ram Eco Diesel. Ram's just gone thru the same deal.

The car we're planning to buy is a one owner, serviced by the selling dealer every 5K. It now has 110K on it and had the emission update done 5/19.

What should I be looking for when I inspect the car? I plan to get it up on a lift to check rust, exhaust, CV/axels, etc. It's got new tires and new rear brakes according to the seller and all electronics are supposedly working correctly.

I'm going to assume that the timing belt was changed per VW service but if I can't find or get that record, I'll just do a new one.

Anything I should look for especially that would be a cause to walk away?

TIA

John
I have a 2014 Jetta TDI emissions upgrade. I would call around to all of your dealerships near you ask them if they’re going to honor the admissions extended warranty and if they say yes I would have them put it in writing my DPF and EGR have filled my car is at the shop the dealer has been fighting me with warranty parts finally they said they would fix those two problems But parts are on national back order and they don’t know how long the car will be broke down for or an estimated time of when they will get the parts not to mention I had to get Volkswagen customer support involves to even get them to do anything to the car after they tried charging me $200 to diagnose the car and find out that it was missing and warranty covered problems they held my keys hostage and refused to let me leave until I paid them the car is had numerous codes thrown each time I’ve takenOf an OBD two reader with the codes on the screen next to my dash with a check engine light on and mileage of the car just in case the check engine light went off in the dealership has received fight me on covering items on that came uOf an OBD two reader with the codes on the screen next to my dash with a check engine light on and mileage of the car just in case the check engine light went off in the dealership has received fight me on covering We’re fixing those problems that were covered under warranty almost seems like they are trying to drag their feet until your extended warranty is over or fix the bare minimum they’ve actually told me that they can’t do anything about a part that’s covered under warranty until it absolutely fails which means he might be stuck on the side of the road waiting for a tow truck before they’ll fix anything it’s absolutely ridiculous I wish I would’ve bought another Subaru they go above and beyond to help fix that thing and won’t even charge you for it or blink an eye Volkswagen in my opinion is a bunch of criminals I’m calling customer care means sitting on the phone on hold for 2 1/2 hours plus and their people only seem like they want to make you happy but not do anything for you to fix the problem

1 - 3 of 3 Posts