Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched this forum and the internet far and wide. I have found the most info here by far, yet still not 100% on a diagnosis.

Ok so my number indicator came on, then went off again while driving. Then a week later came on and stayed on. I lost my LH rear tailight and subsequently trunk lid light on same side. Checked and replaced bulb. Nothing. Plugged light assembly in on RH side and all works fine. Upon further research I realized it is all markets on LH side of vehicle and also City lights (small bulb next to high beams). Ran a wire from RH tailight pin to LH tailight pin and had lights..for and minutes then both lights were out.. bad news.. after about a week I stumbled onto a similar issue here and so I disconnected battery to reset ECM. All lights are working! After about 5 minutes bulb indicator is back on and I am back where I started. I have voltage meter, I know the basics. I believe on the effected light my ohms reading was slightly higher than the other side. Is this how I would test for a ground issue? Haven't tore the trunk apart to look for grounds yet. Also light seith is 10 pin which should rule out the switch since one side working.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts