Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! New user here, looking for advice.

I previously owned a 2013 GTI and liked it a lot. My biggest upset was that I had to buy lots of new tires for it, due to all the potholes in New England. The lease ended and I parted with it for various reasons, once of which was that I wanted a pickup truck, LOL. So I bought a 2017 Honda Ridgeline and like it but don't love it, also I miss having a stick shift, and never really cared for bigger cars.

So, Im looking to move back to a VW. I am stuck between a GTI S and an Alltrack S 4Motion (silk blue/Marrakesh brown). Both have manual tranny. I really am having a hard time deciding.

I loved my GTI but the Alltrack's 4Motion is appealing as is the extra cargo space (we have 2 young kids). It was fun to drive, but it ain't a GTI, haha.

Anybody have good experience with both? I appreciate any and all feedback.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
The Alltrack is Golf Alltrack., it's based on the Golf Sportwagen.

Alltrack adds body cladding for key body pieces for additional protection
when going off-road; plus the honeycomb grille. Both have the same
interior, but the alltrack is a little more upscale. The Golf Sportwagen
comes with cloth seats standard, the Alltrack has leatherette...

A regular Golf is a smaller, slightly squished version coming in at 168 inches,
a foot shorter than the 180.2 inch Alltrack. Alltrack is about a $1000.00
more than a Golf GTI, and under powered.

In a nutshell:
The Alltrack is built for consumers who love the feeling of going off road, featuring a longer body length,
built-in mudflaps, and standard 4MOTION® All-Wheel Drive that gives you total control over all surfaces,
whether or not they’re paved. The Golf GTI, on the other hand, is perfect for those who want to grip the
gear shift, press the gas and go fast.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'd say the Alltrack would be best for you with 2 little ones. The incentives right now are great on them.

As far as the Sportwagen goes, it sits a little lower than the Alltrack, and only the base S model comes in all wheel drive. (Cloth seats, pretty basic)

All the alltrack trims have a type of leatherette or leather (SEL) package - off road mode, etc. Also have driver assists packages you can add.

The only thing I can tell you is you won't find any manuals around - they are very hard to get since all the orders were filled.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts