Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my Tiguan to the dealership the other day and of course when they drove it they had no issue. Randomly when you take off from a stop, I hit the gas and it feels like the Tiguan is going to stall out then suddenly it takes off, sometimes spinning the tires.

Im at 52k miles and they recommended trying new spark plugs, which sounds crazy for a random issue but it's about time for them anyway. I can't find what model plugs to buy anywhere. Anyone have a model number for the plugs? Or even better has anyone had this issue and figured out what caused it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Took my Tiguan to the dealership the other day and of course when they drove it they had no issue. Randomly when you take off from a stop, I hit the gas and it feels like the Tiguan is going to stall out then suddenly it takes off, sometimes spinning the tires.

Im at 52k miles and they recommended trying new spark plugs, which sounds crazy for a random issue but it's about time for them anyway. I can't find what model plugs to buy anywhere. Anyone have a model number for the plugs? Or even better has anyone had this issue and figured out what caused it?
I also have a 2018 SE 4motion. Had a similar issue and dealership ended up having to replace injector harness. Luckily, due to the 2018's having a great factory warranty, it was covered under warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts