Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My GTI has 3700 miles on it. I was backing up the other night and the engine died twice, then started and the engine light came on. I purchased a Blue Driver OBD2 Code Diagnostic tool and it reported PO302 Cylinder 2 Misfire. I am taking my car into VW tomorrow to determine the cause since it could be any of the following: defective ignition coil, bad spark plug, spark plug wiring, faulty fuel injector, fuel pump, fuel filer, vacuum leak, EGR valve or EGR port issue.
Has anyone else experienced this issue on a new GTI? Thank goodness I have the 5yr warranty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My GTI has 3700 miles on it. I was backing up the other night and the engine died twice, then started and the engine light came on. I purchased a Blue Driver OBD2 Code Diagnostic tool and it reported PO302 Cylinder 2 Misfire. I am taking my car into VW tomorrow to determine the cause since it could be any of the following: defective ignition coil, bad spark plug, spark plug wiring, faulty fuel injector, fuel pump, fuel filer, vacuum leak, EGR valve or EGR port issue.
Has anyone else experienced this issue on a new GTI? Thank goodness I have the 5yr warranty.
What brand of gas are you using?

·
Registered
22 Posts
hey rtl, hope your car is working better now:)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts