Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New owner of 2019 Tiguan and i've noticed the defroster front/rear does not come on when using the remote start feature. Is there a way to enable this? The temperatures in my area have been in the low 30's in the mornings when remote starting.

I tried leaving the defroster on and temp at 78 F when I park the vehicle overnight, but the next morning when remote starting the temp is at 72 F and no defrosters.

Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
New owner of 2019 Tiguan and i've noticed the defroster front/rear does not come on when using the remote start feature. Is there a way to enable this? The temperatures in my area have been in the low 30's in the mornings when remote starting.

I tried leaving the defroster on and temp at 78 F when I park the vehicle overnight, but the next morning when remote starting the temp is at 72 F and no defrosters.

Thanks
The remote starters work off engine temp and not ambient temp( that is info from the dealer). Mine will not activate until it is 30 or below.Give it time for your temps to dip a bit and see what happens.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts