Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,519 Posts
If I go through with the GTI purchase... Is there some extra fun for it? besides a limited slip differential for in the back... With out moding much, and or adding weight to the car...?
A LSD for the back? WTH is wrong with you?

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
I'm sure the 3.6 is alot more of a "chunky" engine weight wise... What would be farkin' amazing is if they stuffed something like that under a 4 door GTI with the DSG and the 4motion system (NOT the R32), Give it a diet and weight reductions. I would pay through the nose for it... believe me... something like that in a Rabbit *US*, Golf *Euro*... would be just nuts...

Now...

If I go through with the GTI purchase... Is there some extra fun for it? besides a limited slip differential for in the back... With out moding much, and or adding weight to the car...?

·
Topless Moderator
6,589 Posts
i'm not touching that.

if i had a GTI (or any FI motor) chipping would be mandatory, along with suspension of course. done.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Ok Ya'll,

I asked a bad question. Seriously, for someone to say "WTH is wrong with you" is not ok in a forum. Yes, I am newer to the mod scene. But, seriously don't bash at me at all. This is a public forum. If you want to say something to me that isn't respecable, Send me a email, There we can talk. NOT on a public forum.

·
Premium Member
16,519 Posts
Ok Ya'll,

I asked a bad question. Seriously, for someone to say "WTH is wrong with you" is not ok in a forum. Yes, I am newer to the mod scene. But, seriously don't bash at me at all. This is a public forum. If you want to say something to me that isn't respecable, Send me a email, There we can talk. NOT on a public forum.
Srsly try to do some research first. The GTI and Rabbit are both FWD. You own one you should know.

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
Yeah, the only reason we do that is because you're asking questions with common answers. None of us were born with this knowledge. At first we were fine with answering a few questions... but then things just got silly :p

Don't be offended or anything... just do a bit of research before sticking the differential in the back.

And the GTI question is COMPLETELY opinion... of course it's nicer! But, how much negative equity would you have on your car, what options on the GTI would you look at, blah blah blah. It's ENTIRELY up to you how much fun your money is worth.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Ok...

I'm just going to let this thread die, because obiously either people on the forum are assholes. Or they don't understand that I am not a car freak.

So, seriously... I hoped differently when I posted, but, if you don't like my questions, DON'T reply to them.

·
Premium Member
16,519 Posts
Ok...

I'm just going to let this thread die, because obiously either people on the forum are assholes. Or they don't understand that I am not a car freak.

So, seriously... I hoped differently when I posted, but, if you don't like my questions, DON'T reply to them.
You dont have to be a car freak to know the basics about your car. Does it not snow where your from. At the very least I would expect someone to know if a car is FWD/RWD/4WD/AWD. It makes a huge difference with how you have to drive and how the car will react to weather conditions. If you were offended by my comments then so be it. They we not posted to offend you. Perhaps you should spend some more time in the community before you jump to conclusions.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
kiserhd,

I am still learning about my car, always learning. If I jumped too soon, sorry. I don't have anyone to ask questions and I figured I should join this forum/club because then I could ask with out a heafty bill at VW...

·
Premium Member
16,519 Posts
kiserhd,

I am still learning about my car, always learning. If I jumped too soon, sorry. I don't have anyone to ask questions and I figured I should join this forum/club because then I could ask with out a heafty bill at VW...
Alright what else do you want to know?

BTW these are heavy cars and your not going to be able to shed much weight w/o losing some of the comforts or spending some serious cash. I did drop 15-20lbs swapping the exhaust if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
105 Posts
You would be beaten profusely by my Snap-On torque wrench if you asked about a LSD on the rear end of a FWD anywhere near my shop.:D: All joking aside, do some research. Read some repair manuals about your car, you learn a good bit if you're new to a certain vehicle. Go outside and tinker with your car, learn it, get under it and get acquianted with it. If you're new to the tuner scene then learn about lean/rich compensations and backpressures, how different tire sizes affect certain things such as the integrity of your brakes and what it does to spedo. accuracy, study the overhead cam technology and what it's all about, learn it all! It's well worth it to know most of the ins and outs of your car. That way you don't have to go crying to the dealer everytime something bitches at you on your car. haha. I am yet to take mine back to the dealer and i have 30k miles on it, the last time it was at the dealership was when i was signing the papers to buy it. hahah.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts