Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm trying to sort out my daughter's much loved 51 Beetle Cabriolet which has faulty rear windows. They drop but won't rise fully which in turn messes up her operation of the roof. Garages / experts tell me it is likely to be dodgy windo regulators so I want to purchase 2x rear window regulators for this 51 model.

Problem is nobody seems to stock new ones (not surprising) so I'm going to trawl around for second-hand but my question is, do they have a reference/part number for this model/year ? I don't want to buy the wrong versions !

Any help much appreciated.

·
Registered
375 Posts
so that was last year of type one bug? I wonder if they used the same regulators in all years? 1977 was last year here except for s limited number of imports from Mexico like mine in 1983. I'm finding everything mechanical pretty much like early seventies and interior and lights like '77. If you can broaden search to earlier years there may be more parts available. Regulators are pretty basic.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
so that was last year of type one bug? I wonder if they used the same regulators in all years? 1977 was last year here except for s limited number of imports from Mexico like mine in 1983. I'm finding everything mechanical pretty much like early seventies and interior and lights like '77. If you can broaden search to earlier years there may be more parts available. Regulators are pretty basic.
I did wonder if more recent regulators would work but I have no idea to be honest !

1 - 7 of 7 Posts