Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Chaps n Chapesses,
New to this forum but old to air-cooled dubs..

Just got hold of a '67 Beetle, ideal first car (or so I thought) for my 17 year old lad. He's through his theory with a test date on the way, does anyone have recommendations for insurance deals to get him on the road?

I am looking at 2nd driver on my policy (I'm 56 - driving over 30yrs) but most companies are looking at 21yrs old minimum.

Is there any clubs involved with insurance scheme discounts?

Or any other (even grey) dodges that you guys can share?

I'll post a shot when I can get 'em off my phone!

Cheers - SneakyPete

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hello there. I've done such a thing for my son 2 years ago. Nobody wanted to give him normal-priced insurance only because he was 17. Insurance agents always think, that the young driver is risky driver and he would commit accident as soon as possible. I started to search for a decision. Then I read that I can save some money by adding my lad's insurance to my policy here https://www.cheapautoinsurance.com/article/car-insurance-17-year-old. And I did so. My boy drives carefully, so I didn't have any problem with him.That's that. All you need to do is find a company, which will add your son's insurance to your policy.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Hello there. I've done such a thing for my son 2 years ago. Nobody wanted to give him normal-priced insurance only because he was 17. Insurance agents always think, that the young driver is risky driver and he would commit accident as soon as possible. I started to search for a decision. Then I read that I can save some money by adding my lad's insurance to my policy here https://www.cheapautoinsurance.com/article/car-insurance-17-year-old. And I did so. My boy drives carefully, so I didn't have any problem with him.That's that. All you need to do is find a company, which will add your son's insurance to your policy.
hey, friend, in fact that article is reliable as I read it and found exactly the facts I already knew :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts