Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! Within the next week I'm starting a restomod project on a 1978 american mk1 (you guys already knew that it's from 1978 for godsakes) and everything in the car works except the interior and exterior are pretty rough I'll be replacing almost the whole interior and trying to get it to look as close as factory as possible. If you guys have any links or anything to places that sell or even if you're selling interior parts for a 1978 rabbit 2dr 1.5L gas then lmk

·
Super Moderator
10,588 Posts
Good places that sell interior bits are:
vwheritage.com uk
werks34.de German
CrazyQuiffs.com uk
Rabbitparts.com us

These are off the top of my head as well as ben at mk1autohaus.com who has the OEM carpet (red) from a container buy from the old westy plant, can't remember if they were two or 4 door.

Remember that uk sites the carpets are usually RHD.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I just placed a good sized order with MK1Autohaus. Wish they were not so spendy.

I have had success with Rockauto.com and https://www.partsplaceinc.com/, https://www.autohausaz.com

I make a habit of visiting several and looking at the bottom line price, item plus what it will cost to get it to me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Warehouse in Michigan came online recently. Thinkin kids talked Ma&Pa into getting on the Internet Highway. Could be doz's of these worldwide. Stay tuned.
Here's one in NJ RSJparts.com.
Can't find the one in MI.
FILTER!

·
Super Moderator
10,588 Posts
The problem I had with Rock Auto, is they sent me a previously used part. I got to installing it after about 6 weeks later, when I opened the box and found the used part....(out of warranty for the 30 day return). So open every box from RockAuto and verify the condition after you receive it so you won't get a sucker punch.

Mk1 Autohaus I have never had an issue with ever.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts