Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello folks ,Can you anyone there PLEASE assist .Was coming home from Toronto last eve when my speedometer went crazy and in a few seconds went to zero kph also the odometer didn't move any further ,short while after I noticed my cruise control stopped working . Everything else is functioning fine .Might you perhaps be able to shed some light on the problem please . Most gratefully ,yours davidh [email protected]

·
Registered
5 Posts
You may want to check the vehicle speed sensor. This speed sensor is connected on the top of your transmission to the electrical system by means of a three wire electrical connector. Basically, it’s a small geared shaft that spins a wheel with an electromagnet in one part of the wheel. Each time the little gear spins, it induces an electrical field as it passes the magnet. Increase speed, increase frequency of field generation = speed measuring capability. Now, this speed sensor feeds the computer with information to control the speedometer and odometer. Also, it provides the information the cruise control needs to operate. In all likelihood one of three things has happened; your vehicle speed sensor has failed; the connection to the sensor has a problem; or a wire between the sensor and the wiring harness has failed. Hope this helps, Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts