Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys.
I have a nice little Mk2, everything is fine - except two things.

First of all some info about the car, it is a Golf 2 GL from 1990. It has a 1.8L engine with an automatic transmission.

i need a new ABS pump, i am throwing a model picture in of the old one. It suddenly stopped working and maybe its fixible but i initially just prefer a functionally one in the first place.

The second thing i need is the fuel system, the one i have is pretty tired and has seen better days. I have tried to make some temporarily solutions, but the car keep stopping every time it is on half tank. I put on a new pump but that didn't work either. I will throw in a picture of that as well.
I need the complete system that is in the tank, and i hope that one of you guys can help.
Best regards - the Golfmk2 from Denmark!

Attachments

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hi guys.
I have a nice little Mk2, everything is fine - except two things.

First of all some info about the car, it is a Golf 2 GL from 1990. It has a 1.8L engine with an automatic transmission.

i need a new ABS pump, i am throwing a model picture in of the old one. It suddenly stopped working and maybe its fixible but i initially just prefer a functionally one in the first place.

The second thing i need is the fuel system, the one i have is pretty tired and has seen better days. I have tried to make some temporarily solutions, but the car keep stopping every time it is on half tank. I put on a new pump but that didn't work either. I will throw in a picture of that as well.
I need the complete system that is in the tank, and i hope that one of you guys can help.
Best regards - the Golfmk2 from Denmark!
Just seeing this now. Might be easier to swap a carb over for the fuel system. As for the brake master cylinder switch to a manual one if you can. I havnt seen the ABS pump available in quite some time

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Just seeing this now. Might be easier to swap a carb over for the fuel system. As for the brake master cylinder switch to a manual one if you can. I havnt seen the ABS pump available in quite some time
Hi man, thanks for your comment.
The car is like it just came out of the fabric, so i really dont wanna ruin the originality. - Although i think i know how to fix the brake problem.
Anyhow, what do you mean about swapping a carb over the fuel system.
Best Regards Kaan!

·
Registered
472 Posts
Hi man, thanks for your comment.
The car is like it just came out of the fabric, so i really dont wanna ruin the originality. - Although i think i know how to fix the brake problem.
Anyhow, what do you mean about swapping a carb over the fuel system.
Best Regards Kaan!
If smog/inspection no longer looks at emmisions from the vehicle you can actually swap a carbuerator as the main fuel system. I kept both fuel injection pumps and used a fuel bypass valve to regulate it down to low preaaure, I did this on my 92 cabriolet a few years back. Although you would need an older vacuum advance distributor from an earlier model vw. Ignition wiring for the older type ignition ecu is easy too. Plenty of writeups on vwvortex

1 - 4 of 4 Posts