Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need your help determining if this is common and if the replacement cost is reasonable as well.

Our 2014 SE Jetta's (~65,000 miles, parked outside, Wisconsin, lots of road salt during winter) front suspension coils failed. The car body is resting on top of the wheels - you cannot driver the car, as the wheels rub the fenders/metal. Both failed at the same time (broke in half). The car was serviced (rear breaks replaced) at a VW dealer about 2 weeks ago, and the failure happened about 1 week ago. I don't think the two are related. Dealer did note the front coils showed rust during time of service 2 weeks ago.

See below, you can compare the rear vs front tires, and how low the body seats in the front, on the wheels.

Is this something common with Jetta's, for the coil springs to break like this? First time I am hearing something like this.

The dealer wants $2,600 to replace the front coil springs - does this sound reasonable?

I would appreciate any comments/feedback on cost and possible reasons this could have failed.

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood
Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Automotive side marker light
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

1 - 1 of 1 Posts