Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of buying a (you guessed it) 65 Bug. I have been searching for a 65-67 for a while. Finally found one that fit my criteria, good condition and right price. This car is totally stock. It's been in storage for about 20 years. The only rust is some surface rust (about the size of quarter) next to back window. I was astounded when I checked under the battery, no rust through. I'll post more in time.

About me, I'm a retired Engineering Tech with a background in electronic and mechanical testing and fabrication. I got into VW's in the late 70's and played with them for about 6 years, even owning an air-cooled shop for a couple of years. (VW and HD).

I towed a 64 from AZ to MD and then to DE. Got more involved with HD's and dirt track racing. Sold off most of my VW stuff. I was looking for something to tinker with when I found this 65.

I don't plan on doing a lot to it for now other than get it on the road. It comes with some spare parts (72 DP motor and transaxle plus some other stuff).

I look forward to getting to know everybody and see where this road leads me.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase! With your background it sounds like that bug will be in good hands :cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts