Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

We have just bought a 2017 VW Polo GTI and I have put music on to a 32GB SD Card. Some of the music is playing ok and the album artwork is being displayed as expected. However, when an album has two or more discs it wont play the tracks in disc order which means it plays the first track from each disc, then the second track from each disc and so on...

The track data is formatted using the standard mp3 format and the same files play fine in my Mercedes when copied onto a USB stick.

Any ideas on what's going on?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
If your CD1 folder starts with 01-title.mp3, and ends at 10-title.mp3, you would need to go
into the CD2 folder, and start the first song as 11-title.mp3 and so on. IT sees the two
folders with two files 01-title.mp3, it might play the one that is alphabetically first.

I have ALL my MP3s on a 120 GB SSD on the MDI port on a USB. It played out of order,
so that drive has all sequentially numbered items in folders so is doesn't. I went through
and set it all up to play as it should.

The radio goes by file name, not track data.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply 2013Tdi,

Looking at the files on the SD card they're not arranged into CD folders, instead they're all in one folder with filename format x-yy-title.mp3 so CD one tracks are named 1-01-title.mp3 1-02, and so on. CD 2 tracks are then named as 2-01-title.mp3, and CD3 tracks 3-01-title.mp3.

Interestingly, another CD that follows the same filename format plays ok, but the track numbers in the track data are sequential where the first track of CD2 is 23 if the last track of CD1 is 22. So it looks like the car system doesn't recognise the disc field in the mp3 data properly.

Thanks for your help.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
IF all the files are in one folder, then it will play the "01"s in order, 02 in order
then 03 in order. OR, you could put them in a CD1, CD2 and CD3 folder.

I use "MP3Tag" to make sure the fields in the files are right. You can
tag files, so you can change the Album name, Author, Genre, and all
that at one time. If the Title is not right, or blank, you have to type
them in manually. However, you can copy the file name, paste it in
the title field, then delete the .mp3 from it.

There is no "disc" field in the MP3 tags, you have:
Title, Artist, Album, Track, Year, Genre, Comment, Codec, Bitrate, Frequency, Length, Modified

MP3Tag is free, if you can find it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts