Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know a good adapter for listening to songs from Apple devices in the car? I know that there are special car adapters for this. Can you recommend any? I was searching and the best reviews for connecting mobie devices has car adapter AUX Link. But before buying it I'd like to get some more information...Is someone using it? What's your opinion? Any other recommendations?

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought AUX Link car adapter almost one year ago. Really satisfied. Great sound, no technical problems so far. Had to spend more time than I was planning to install it, but finally it worked out well (I did the installation myself, but at any service center you can have it done in no time). I was buying here AUX Car Kits. It's official store so they have lowest prices (at least when I was buying it) and free shipping worldwide. As for advantages of AUX Link, it can be also used as a charger and a Bluetooth hands-free car kit. Besides you can control the playback using the buttons on the steering wheel or on the car stereo. Highly recommended.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I bought AUX Link car adapter almost one year ago. Really satisfied. Great sound, no technical problems so far. Had to spend more time than I was planning to install it, but finally it worked out well (I did the installation myself, but at any service center you can have it done in no time). I was buying here AUX Car Kits. It's official store so they have lowest prices (at least when I was buying it) and free shipping worldwide. As for advantages of AUX Link, it can be also used as a charger and a Bluetooth hands-free car kit. Besides you can control the playback using the buttons on the steering wheel or on the car stereo. Highly recommended.
Thanks! I checked it out. Really good reviews. Did you purchase it together with Bluetooth dongle?To use AUX Link as a hand-free car kit...Is it worth it?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks! I checked it out. Really good reviews. Did you purchase it together with Bluetooth dongle?To use AUX Link as a hand-free car kit...Is it worth it?
From my point of view it's totally worth it. It's a great substitution for a separate hands-free kit. In other words with this AUX Link you get adapter, charger and a hands-free kit. Three devices in one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys, just wanted to tell you about my experience. Finally took the decision to buy adapter for cars AUX Link. I was trying to find the best deal and it's really cheaper to buy it at the official website AUX Car Kits. It was delivered in just five days. At first I decided to try to install it myself, but had problems taking out the car stereo. So in the end I had it installed in the nearest service center. It took just 15 minutes. So far totally satisfied with the purchase.

Advantages:

- great sound
- you can use it as a charger
- with Bluetooth dongle works perfectly as a Bluetooth AUX car adapter
- music control with steering wheel buttons and buttons on the car stereo (really convenient)
- suitable for all music formats
- compatible with my Apple gadgets, but there is also a plug for other mobile devices
- free and fast delivery
- occupies very little space and doesn't spoil the interior
- now I can listen to all my favourite music without carrying piles of CDs.

Disadvantages:

- relatively expensive as I also bought additional Bluetooth dongle
- could't easily extract the head unit so had to go to auto workshop

But taking everything into account, I guess it's a good price-quality ratio. So all in all it's worth it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I really like AUX Link and so far this is the best USB/AUX/iPod adapter I've found. I've already had one for my Volkswagen Passat 2006 for almost a year and now I've ordered the same adapter for my wife's Golf 2007 as a Christmas present.

Regarding my negative experience with this company is that they always fail to deliver on time! They promise 3-7 days, but finally you receive the adapter in 10-12... So if you buy it as a present for someone, keep in mind adding some 15 days to get it for sure.... But this adapter in worth waiting...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts