Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I just had to share my expirence with the ROC.

I was driving to work one morning last week and my Instrument cluster light up showing the check engine light, staying solid yellow, not flashing.

I got to work and called Luther WestSide Vw and explained what I noticed and asked when I could bring it in. I was able to drop the car off and get a ride home from a family member.

Almost 17 hours after dropping the car off I got a call from Luther VW about it. They told me it was the Catalytic converter that had some back flow issues with it, and thats what tripped the light. But, they didn't open the Catalytic converter up and clean out the trouble some materal. And that, it only failed the test once, was tested for 6 hours that morning and it passed its test all but one, so VW wouldn't let them replace the unit.

I went and got the car and drove home, on my return home the check engine light came on again!. The next morning, I called the service manager and explained what had happened, and that I wanted the car dropped off and a service rental until my car was fixed, 100%. And I was 100% satisfied... Or the car doesn't leave.

To make a already long story short, I was given a 06 Jetta for a service loaner, I was able to get my car after it had been there twice in on week and a Catalytic converter replacement, under warrenty...

I've decided to start looking at a GLI...

My question is, so many people on this site are great, and have great thoughts, will I be prosecuted for buying a GLI? and wanting to stay on this site? and ask questions??

·
Registered
218 Posts
we will allow you to stay. after all we still tolerate dj's presence! ;)
just promise not to go getting all mightier than thou on us once you get the gli!

·
Registered
342 Posts

I've decided to start looking at a GLI...

My question is, so many people on this site are great, and have great thoughts, will I be prosecuted for buying a GLI? and wanting to stay on this site? and ask questions??
DIE HERITIC! LOL

:secret: What do you think this is, Vortex?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
RE: Bye, Bye, Rabbit

Hey All,

To answer questions...

1. I really loved my Bunny Wrabbit..., I just wanted more room..
2. I was soured about the Cat going bad, Yes, I do know that all cars can have those issues....
3.There was some pre-existing body damage/exposed metal, from my car accident almost a year ago, that had started to rust in areas.

I did end up with a 2009 Jetta SE... :drive: :drive:

Thanks for asking the questions that ya'll did...

Windbk.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts