Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well im down to these 2 cameras. I started from a long list and eliminated stuff on the way..

What do you prefer?

And all you DSLR users.. let me know which is better and why ,..

Please and thanks.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
I'll be first to bite here.

Do you have previous experience with either Canon or Nikon? Most people (myself included) would go with the one that YOU feel is more comfortable. I can use my Nikon bodies just as easily as my gf's Canon xti.

I went with Nikon because I got a better deal at the time, and haven't regretted it a bit.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sexy. But sold.there was an underwater rock. that we didnt really notice. after we noticed that there was alot of other things. =( very dissapointed but looking for another.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll be first to bite here.

Do you have previous experience with either Canon or Nikon? Most people (myself included) would go with the one that YOU feel is more comfortable. I can use my Nikon bodies just as easily as my gf's Canon xti.

I went with Nikon because I got a better deal at the time, and haven't regretted it a bit.

i like both cameras.. but theres things and people that tell me different things. The nikon is mroe confortable to hold, the canon shoots better pics.. the nikon is definately more expensive..

um well which one is easier to use? cuz this will be my first.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
if this is your first, why don't you go for something less expensive? I promise you a D40 or an xTi will take just as nice of pics.

The camera is just the medium between the subject of the photo and your brain. Dont' get wrapped up in megapixels and "this camera has this feature and this one does this". Just go to a store, handle both cameras, see what kinda deal you can get on each one, and go with the one that works best.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea, the only reason im looking for a d90, thats the side im leaning to mostly is because one of my friends does this for a living and he said he could give me some pointers. I asked the same question why get something so pro at my level. his answer was" cuz i bet in 3 months ull grow out of it"

Ive been seeing some ok deals on d90 body's like $700 for body with cables and etc..

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
oh yo, i didnt mean it like that lol. I ment like he knows how to take pics.. really cool ones. so he said hell teach me

·
Registered
23,364 Posts
Taking cool pics has very little to do with the actual camera, and even then it's a combination of body and lens. Please ask your friend to justify the cost step-up to the D90 - name exactly what it can do that makes it worth so much more.

I could justify the T1i over a regular one only because it does the HD video.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Its really great to have someone that can show you the ropes and get your going with photography. I haven't had that and there have been MANY times when I wish I could've just gone out with someone to watch them work.

there are a couple VERY good youtube series on learning photography. I reference them often. If you are interested I'll send them your way. The reason I say to get a cheaper one is not only because they'll take some super nice shots, but because it leaves more money to spend on other lenses, etc.

You'll definitely want a tripod. I think every camera sold in the world should come with one, even if the price had to be raised a few bucks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well fist of all i wanna say that im here to stay and hopefully not get banned again. But since u wanted to know why i think and he thinks the d90 is better because its more confortable in your hands, its built more durably.. etc

As for a tripod, i have one =D i was kinda quick before so i bought one for my olympus sp 700. i actually got one of these http://microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0298871 used for $20.

Im still saving up for the d90.

As for the lens i want... i want a 50mm 1.8 nikkor lens

·
Banned
1,421 Posts
well fist of all i wanna say that im here to stay and hopefully not get banned again.
If you don't get banned it will only be because we are entertaining ourselves. You should be banned for coming back after you were banned. I'm pretty sure it was for a reason. Look up the definition of ban.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If you don't get banned it will only be because we are entertaining ourselves. You should be banned for coming back after you were banned. I'm pretty sure it was for a reason. Look up the definition of ban.
since u want to be some negative.. why dont u not comment on my posts please.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts