Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, if this has been asked several times, I'm sure it has but it seems like I can't find the right one.
I wanna change my automatic shifting knob in my 2007 Base model Rabbit, to a manual knob. (I know, learn to drive stick, lol, but not helpful now that I bought this one.)
My friend has a very beautiful one in her car, I want one similar to hers also, but her car is a manual so hers was a walk in the park.
I'm making my little rabbit, my project car, figured, start small, work up lol.
I know there is converters; would those work? Does anyone know where I could get one for my car? I've been looking and I can't tell if the ones I find work for it or not. Any suggestions is helpful. Idk if this helps but this similar, if not the one I wanna put on it.
Thanks!!!!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,549 Posts
It would seem to me that the Automatic, or at least the ones I have seen have a button to press for the movement out of park or Neutral that is mission on a manual transmission. That and usually they are held in place by a set screw or screws. You may be better served if you peruse amazon or other places that have a variety of shifter knobs that are a direct fit.

it is the Button and the mount that you have to worry about.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts