Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 'check engine light' illuminated on my 2008 Rabbit (140,000 K).
With much deliberation, I chose to have the complete transmission rebuilt 9 months ago and it has run perfectly.
Now the check engine light came on; I've been told it needs the Air Injection Reactor Pump replaced (Part $464 Can)
Is this pump related at all to the transmission?
I love my car and retired recently. I bought the car new & hoped it would be my forever car.
Many thanks for any education offered, Barbara

·
Registered
14 Posts
FYI Barbara, the CEL is almost always triggered by an emissions related issue. I’ve been told some non emissions related issues can cause it to illuminate, but I’ve no idea what, so I take that with a pinch of salt.

I’ve had the light illuminate and by the time I’ve had time to investigate the cause, it’s gone off by itself. I’ve also had the light illuminate the week before my drive clean test here in Ontario, go off after a couple of days, and then pass the test a few days later. In this case it was the throttle body causing the issue and it simply required cleaning, no parts replaced at all.

In your case, just make sure the part is definitely defective before replacing, and that it it doesn’t need a little bit of maintenance to make it work as it should again.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
There are well over 1000 codes, but only emissions related ones are REQUIRED to
illuminate the CEL. If a problem causes an increase in emissions, the CEL will
illuminate, as required.

A flashing CEL is different, can be from a misfire to transmission. My son had a car
where the CEL would blink in reverse only, not emissions, and it went off when out of
reverse.

Throttle body is part of the Emissions Control System, as it is the key factor in
air flow. Any irregularity will cause a change in MPG and/or emissions, thus set
off the CEL as REQURIED. That failure or dirty unit changes the A:F ratio; which
all effects emissions; from intake to exhaust...

Other faults will illuminate other MILs, and the CEL, which is something different.

If the CEL is on with another light, like Traction Control, ABS, or Braking Assist, that's
a different failure.

If the CEL is on by itself, it's emissions related.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I a had diagnostic done to pin point the error code. P2015 is common with the 2.0 engine. The intake manifold has been prone to intake flap failures, which will give an intake runner failure code. I found out that the entire manifold has to replaced. VW came short of a recall and extended the warranty to 120K or 10 years. It doesn't seem to be if but when it happens.

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
I a had diagnostic done to pin point the error code. P2015 is common with the 2.0 engine. The intake manifold has been prone to intake flap failures, which will give an intake runner failure code. I found out that the entire manifold has to replaced. VW came short of a recall and extended the warranty to 120K or 10 years. It doesn't seem to be if but when it happens.
False, there is a kit you can buy to correct the flap motor from advancing
to far, causing the error. The kit contains a stop, so it won't move too far
forward. You take the motor off, and install the kit.

This is emissions related, thus your CEL.

https://blog.fcpeuro.com/how-to-fix-a-volkswagen-tdi-intake-flap-cel-p2015

https://www.dieselgeek.com/products...-rail-tdi-with-aluminum-manifold-03l-129-711e

·
Registered
2 Posts
Initially, this light bulb made it known about problems with the carburetor, but now that cars are equipped with full-fledged onboard computers, the message may indicate various malfunctions. For example, the "check engine" error can report problems with the quality of the fuel-air mixture or ignition malfunctions, and many other things. Both frivolous breakdowns and critical ones can cause messages. Therefore, I advise you to contact the service to exclude serious breakdowns. At the same time, you can ask an electrician to install an LED strip with https://www.amazon.com/car-lights-car-led-lights/dp/B09L86JRRM. They add atmosphere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts