Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 64, powder blue vw convertible. (Affectionately known at Miss Kitty) she has an after market stereo in her currently that does not work well. I'm really missing my tunes or audio books when I drive her so I'm looking to get a new stereo. She does not have any place to charge my phone either, so I'd like to add that as well. The modern stereo systems are pretty nice with the desired auxiliary outlets. But is there any factory installation stereo kits to keep the original 64 look? She is converted to 12 volt already, so that is one step done. The previous owner stuffed a couple speakers under the seat that are not working either, so I'm considering getting some speakers installed somewhere (the doors?) as well.. Has anyone already done something like this to their bug? I'd love to hear what you did and how it went. Where to get supplies.
I'm just a mom, but I like tinkering with things if the directions for installation are clear enough.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Check out customautosound. They are the ones that make stereos with the original face for many cars and employ modern insides for up to date sound and amplification.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts