Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently for the last 19 months, a young fellow has been living in his Toyota Tundra. Attends school at Cal State Fullerton.

Gets up in the morning. Showers and shaves at the Rec Center. Studies at the Student Center until late. I can see how, in the right climate, this would work.

Seems to me though, it would work better with an Element.

Anyone have an opinion?

·
Registered
14 Posts
RV living on a budget, basically. We've given serious thought about replacing the E with a Sprinter and basically living in it, but not equipping it with a shower/toilet setup (too much impact on the limited space, never mind the "stinky" factor), depending on RV camps and truckstops for shower, etc. What stops us from doing this is that a new Sprinter is going to run $35-40K, and that buys about 500 nights in moderate-quality hotels, plus RV camps aren't free, either. This would all be done in the context of having a home base: an inexpensive house in an inexpensive town, which we already have.

What we do have right now is a 14' box truck, one of those Isuzu city delivery vans. We've talked about turning the 14'x7'x7' space into portable living quarters. There is an episode of "How I Met Your Mother" (Neil Patrick Harris, a/k/a "Doogie Howser") which played last week, where he commandeered a buddy's rented box truck and turned it into a bachelor pad. My wife was sure to make me stick around to watch the whole episode.

The biggest problem with our Isuzu is that it gets 9 mpg, loaded or empty. Yikes.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Apparently for the last 19 months, a young fellow has been living in his Toyota Tundra. Attends school at Cal State Fullerton.

Gets up in the morning. Showers and shaves at the Rec Center. Studies at the Student Center until late. I can see how, in the right climate, this would work.

Seems to me though, it would work better with an Element.

Anyone have an opinion?
It sounds a little crazy. How does he get... I don't know - food? When you live in the campus you can just buy it for the small price in the cafetery. Living in a truck might be expencive. Does he have a part-time job or something? If so, why don't he rent a flat?

·
Registered
3 Posts
It sounds a little crazy. How does he get... I don't know - food? When you live in the campus you can just buy it for the small price in the cafetery. Living in a truck might be expencive. Does he have a part-time job or something? If so, why don't he rent a flat?
I know how it works, because I was in this kind of situation. My parents weren't wealthy enough to pay for all of my needs, and so I compared study and job. Sometimes it was as hard as hell. The problems were so deep that one or two times I was even forced to pay for personal statement help two guys from the internet. One of my friends told me about them. They did their job well. I bought essays a few times from them too. And now I'm very grateful, because they really helped me to NOT get kicked out of college.

The guys I'm talking about:
Personal Statement Help – Are You Looking for It? University Personal Statement Help. Click Here! | EssayStudio.org

1 - 4 of 4 Posts