Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear,VW
The paint on my 07 shadow blue rabbit is terrible,I think if I look at my car wrong theirs another paint chip or scratch. I can play connect the dot on my hood.I love my car,but I think you(VW) dropped the ball on this.This is really bush league for a German car. Thanks VW for crappy paint.:mad:

D

·
0 Posts
the paint is really soft in comparison to other cars I've owned

on the plus side, it will give you time to perfect touch up jobs .............

·
Still Plays with Cars
1,271 Posts
I agree with the paint being soft...nothing like my 84 GTi...that had acrylic/enamel paint and stood up to NY salted roads.

I detailed my car Fri/Sat/Sun for the Car show I entered in and found numurous spots where rocks chipped it up, then there was a spot where it look like the paint bubbled and popped like a tar spot in the road on a hot day.

Also noticed that the paint sux up vapors from the gas tank. I clay'd bar'd just above the gas cap for probably an hour it felt like. Never spilt a drop of gas on paint, yet.

·
Registered
929 Posts
I agree the paint gets a lot of spotting after a drive through or coin wash, but, if you wash it by hand and give it a good waxing, that will help heaps in it's appearance. I do have to say that Shadow Blue needs more attention than other colours I've had in the past to keep it looking good. Once it is bright and shiny though, it looks great.

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I'm guessing this problem isn't color specific? Mine has seen many hours on the PA Turnpike so far and has taken quite a few sand/rocks from tractor trailers at 70+ mph. One quick visit to a touchless carwash and I'm good. My girlfriend's '07 Tornado Red Rabbit doesn't have any paint chipping issues either. If it is in fact an issue, I'm guessing that's why United Gray is being sold more commonly. After owning a dark blue car for about 2 years, all I can say is that gray is heaven in comparison.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Black is Horrible...I bought one of those expensive silicone squeegees so I wouldnt wipe it dry...these are the ones that they use on Street rods. I washed my Rabbit...and was getting the water off the roof when I saw it left a scratch the entire length of the roof...It buffed out..but I couldn't find anything that could have scratched it...I think I could scratch the paint with a finger nail.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Why hasn't the OP been declared a troll and the thread locked?
How are you declaring me a troll it's a know fact that the mkv paint is soft. So go away noob D-bag.:whack:

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
I haven't had any problems with my paint yet. I have CW and am pretty happy with the quality of paint. Maybe as the other posters said it is color dependent?

Try to get some touch up paint and fill the chips. Good luck.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Rabbits don't have DSG OR Turbos (in the us) :6shootr:

Ban this guy plx
He was actually explaining about his concern on DSG and turbo's TO rabbit owners why i dont know. I'm not defending this guy he is confusing, and retarded, and kinda entertaining but just and as well he should be banned.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I drive an SG rabbit and have a ton of chips on the front end, sometimes I worry about driving through the country cuz Ill hit bugs and get chips. it pisses me off cuz i always keep my rabbit waxed and do what i can to take care of her but with this [email protected] paint it doesnt matter.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
it's not just the VW paint it's soft, other cars have the same issue

·
So Sofistikated
10,617 Posts
The vw paint is NOT soft, it has an extremely hard clear coat. im an amateur detailer, i cannot cut through the clear with products that have no problem on honda soft clears.

Understand, no matter what kind of paint you have 40+ mph + a rock, you will have a chip/scratch.

·
Registered
625 Posts
yeah, i was talking to a paint guy, he told me that most paint now is a 1step process.... not really much to it..

unless you want it to last, i would go with a 2-3 step process...

it will be more expensive, but it will look and last a LOT longer than with the 1 step...

·
Registered
384 Posts
I haven't had any problems with my paint yet. I have CW and am pretty happy with the quality of paint. Maybe as the other posters said it is color dependent?

Try to get some touch up paint and fill the chips. Good luck.
Same! i have an 09 candy white and my paint looks beautiful even after harsh chicago winters. I have a rock chip or two but after driving an hour on the express way for over a year to go to work its inevitable.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts