Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Black is Horrible...I bought one of those expensive silicone squeegees so I wouldnt wipe it dry...these are the ones that they use on Street rods. I washed my Rabbit...and was getting the water off the roof when I saw it left a scratch the entire length of the roof...It buffed out..but I couldn't find anything that could have scratched it...I think I could scratch the paint with a finger nail.
i have scratched it w/ my fingernail:( ......hardest car i've ever had to care for, as long as i can make it through the winter.....wait as long as i can bare it through the winter, next season im gonna paint the front and rear valance n wet sand n buff the whole sha-bang:cool:

·
Premium Member
12,610 Posts
The clear coat scratches easily. Black just shows it whereas the other colors don't show it as much. Black, blue, etc...show it most.

·
Peach Tea Chugging Mo-Fo
10,040 Posts
Yah, it kind of comes with the territory of having a dark colored car. Looks great when you doll it up... but shows scratched and swirl marks a lot easier when you look close.

That's why a nice polish and wax are important once in a while. Help protect it from da elements.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Discussion Starter #24 (Edited)
Yah, it kind of comes with the territory of having a dark colored car. Looks great when you doll it up... but shows scratched and swirl marks a lot easier when you look close.

That's why a nice polish and wax are important once in a while. Help protect it from da elements.
Amen brother.
UPDATE:
Hood was resprayed when some decided I needed new graphic. Within 2-3 months rock chips all over again. I dunno it sucks,I all most don't want to wash my car anymore because of finding more chips.

·
Registered
29 Posts
The truth of the matter is that wear and tear is eventually going to occur. It's inevitable. Your car will not always look like it was the day you got it. There is no comparison to a VW paint job. The surpassing quality of a VW can be seen just by staring at the paint. I highly doubt that the paint job of a Japanese vehicle would stand up to that of VW. Not to mention that every VW is fully galvanized so even if you get a stone chip, there will most likely not be any rust. Just make sure regularly wash your car and it will always get that second glance...

·
Registered
238 Posts
we live in the country and that is what happens to us rocks,bugs,squirrels. i noticed that on my cousins beetle too.
I drive an SG rabbit and have a ton of chips on the front end, sometimes I worry about driving through the country cuz Ill hit bugs and get chips. it pisses me off cuz i always keep my rabbit waxed and do what i can to take care of her but with this [email protected] paint it doesnt matter.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
I had that on my Jaguar too which originaly it was a close to $80k car. I got a lot of chips from the trucks here in Long Beach CA port.

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
after having to many chips I have just claim it to my insurance co. that a truck on the freeway dropped a lot a stones and I got a respray.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I too have a ****LOAD of white rock-marks on my hood :(

Red, not torando however.. I can't recall the name.

21 - 31 of 31 Posts