Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2009 has only 90k miles and runs great. Lately all the dash gear lights highlight randomly - happened on the way to work this morning (last time it occurred after driving for an hour on the highway), but nothing else happens.

Car runs fine and I can not detect anything (no surges, rpm stays normal for my speed, engine sounds normal).

Any ideas? The dealership wants to charge me $100/hour to diagnose and said it could take a couple of hours.

Thank you!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
"...Lately all the dash gear lights highlight randomly - happened on the way to work this morning (last time it occurred after driving for an hour on the highway), but nothing else happens."

I had the same thing happen twice in my '09 Rabbit, several months ago! Never did anything about it and it hasn't happened again.

Sorry I can only commiserate ...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Thelastrabbit? I have an '07 MKV (130 k) and have just started to have this same issue. No other side effects seem to occur. I've taken her to my local "German garage" and they say I need to go to a dealer, they don't have the diagnostic equipment to handle the read. Have you gotten any answers since you posted this? I'd love to avoid that labor cost if it's a non-issue. I wait with baited breath!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts