1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am new here.

I have 2 problems with my MK6.

#1: I have ABS, ESP and steering wheel orange lights coming on on my dashboard. These lights come and go.
This has been happening on/off for the past 3 months. steering has not changed despite the light coming on.
Battery has been charged a few times so I dont expect it to be a battery problem.

#2: My turning indicators went silent/mute this week.
The turning lights and hazard lights work but they are not making a clicking sound when activated.

Has anyone here been confronted with any of these problems?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
The clicking sound comes from the same device as your door chimes...
It's a speaker, no clicking relay, it just sounds like it. If your key is in,
and on, open the door, you should hear the chime. If not, then that's
also why the signals make no noise. In addition, if your door is open,
and chimes, activate a turn signal, you won't hear it, just the chimes.

There are so many possible answers with the warning lights, from bad rack,
to bad battery. You need VCDS to get the error codes, or error status.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi,

Thank you for your message 2013Tdi!

#1: I do not have access to a VSCD but I ordered a digital multimeter. I will check if the battery or alternator can be the source of the problem as the problem comes and goes (it happened just now : after 5 mins driving the 3 dashboard lights came on, after a while the dashboard came back to normal...)
Apparently dusting off the earthing points of the car could be another potential "cheap" solution (but the car is very clean on the engine side... 50K km after 5 years of city driving and well maintained)

#2: I tried to open the door while the contact was on: not a sound. (I also tried to indicate at the same time: the indicator were mute...)
I read it could be dirt collecting at the levers level. not too sure about that one but some electrical cleaner would cost less than sending the car to the workshop ;)

Happy to take other input if anyone has faced similar woes with his VW! :)

Thanks a bunch

1 - 3 of 3 Posts