Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering a new Tiguan and so I registered here. Unfortunately this forum is basically dead and there is little or no discussion about newer models, and actually little or no discussion period. Is that because the Tiguan has very few problems?? :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I must agree with you on the lack of activity on this forum. Having owned Toyota's most of my life I purchased my first VW, a new Passat back in 2015.
Doing all my own maintenance I found Toyota forums are phenomenal. If you posted an issue usually within 24 hours you would have pages of answers with suggestions on how to handle your issue.
I'm just throwing this out there but I think VW owners are a different breed, more willing to take their vehicles to a dealer for service than tackle it themselves.
Just my opinion.
As for VW's having fewer problems we'll have to see what the future holds, so far mine has been issue free.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2018 Tiguan SEL it is a year old, only 2700 miles. Had my first oil change, $227, I really like the way it drives. The only problem is that my driver's seat memory buttons quit working. The seat still works fine. I am 86, and my requirements are different from my SCCA sports car days. I find that it is pleasant to drive and the acceleration is adequate for Houston driving on the freeways and local roads. The safety system is very helpful especially the all around view for parking.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2018 Tiguan, as well. I joined after I bought the Tiguan, hoping to learn about my car, and maybe some mods or after market add ons. Not too much happens here for newer models. Lots of stuff about 20+ year old Rabbits, though.

I have a 2018 Tiguan SEL it is a year old, only 2700 miles. Had my first oil change, $227, I really like the way it drives. The only problem is that my driver's seat memory buttons quit working. The seat still works fine. I am 86, and my requirements are different from my SCCA sports car days. I find that it is pleasant to drive and the acceleration is adequate for Houston driving on the freeways and local roads. The safety system is very helpful especially the all around view for parking.

·
Registered
332 Posts
This forum used to be a lot more active. A lot of the previous regulars seem to have moved on to other cars or interests.

The older VW support is still active because one of the major and most knowledgeable contributors is still around (briano1234).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts