Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do I get this type of dome light off? I need to clean the bugs out and take the headliner off. I tried turning it, but nothing seems to be happening.

·
Super Moderator
10,445 Posts
Try to carefully pop by prying the lens off the base plate with a flat blade, that is a AFTER Market unit.... so we are all just guessing here there should be 2 phillips screws that are attaching the base plate to the head liner.

·
Registered
140 Posts
What the hell kind of headliner is that?

·
Super Moderator
10,445 Posts
That is the leftover on an original velour headliner. That is what the LS models all had in them. That is the cardboard shell.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the same dome light. I know it's been too long for my reply to help the original author, but in case anyone else has this problem in the future you just pry off the white plastic lens - it has little tabbed edges so try to bend it a little by compressing it from both sides and it will pop out. I believe a flathead screwdriver helped me. Once that's off you'll see a screw holding the rest of the black plastic on.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the same dome light. I know it's been too long for my reply to help the original author, but in case anyone else has this problem in the future you just pry off the white plastic lens - it has little tabbed edges so try to bend it a little by compressing it from both sides and it will pop out. I believe a flathead screwdriver helped me. Once that's off you'll see a screw holding the rest of the black plastic on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts