Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie question here... I recently had the "bulb out" indicator go off. Turns out my passenger side DRL does not work (lager bulb toward the outside), nor does my passenger side headlight. However, the high beams do work. I can't tell if it is the bulb or the fuse. The only reason I suspect the fuse, is that when I turn on the passenger side turn signal, the bulb blinks (but it doesn't come on when I switch on the headlight).

So my question, is does this appear to be an issue with the fuse or the bulb(s)? I have tried to identify which fuse in the fuse panel by the driver's side door is linked, but the owner's manual has an inaccurate diagram, and searching online is just leading me in circles. (I've found this one, but doesn't seem to help.)

I know how to change the light bulbs and the fuse, just not sure which specific one to do.

Thanks.

·
Fahrvergnugen
7,057 Posts
Are the headlights on the car stock or after market? The DRL and headlight are the same bulb. I would just remove the headlight bulb and inspect it. If the fuse controlling the lights were toast, you wouldn't get any power to the bulb. If you want to check fuses, the fuse panel is on the left side of the dash and you need to have the driver side footer open to access it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the feedback. All headlights/bulbs are stock, if that helps. I've seen a couple of threads that mention getting a H7 bulb for replacement. Any issues with just going to the local Advanced Autoparts, etc. to get one?

·
Registered
6 Posts
The replacement is an H7. I would replace both, In my experience, when one goes out, the other side will go out soon. I also recommend disabling the DRL's. You have to do this with a Vag-com though

·
Premium Member
12,610 Posts
There are no fuses for any exterior lights. There is a fuse for the module that controls the lights. When this fuse melts it usually causes all the lights on the right side to become inoperative.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Newbie question here... I recently had the "bulb out" indicator go off. Turns out my passenger side DRL does not work (lager bulb toward the outside), nor does my passenger side headlight. However, the high beams do work. I can't tell if it is the bulb or the fuse. The only reason I suspect the fuse, is that when I turn on the passenger side turn signal, the bulb blinks (but it doesn't come on when I switch on the headlight).

So my question, is does this appear to be an issue with the fuse or the bulb(s)? I have tried to identify which fuse in the fuse panel by the driver's side door is linked, but the owner's manual has an inaccurate diagram, and searching online is just leading me in circles. (I've found this one, but doesn't seem to help.)

I know how to change the light bulbs and the fuse, just not sure which specific one to do.

Thanks.
There is still no way to know what each fuse is for nor which are the fuses for the DRLs. After replacing the burnt out bulb, the DRL is still out on one side. There's no way to know which fuse needs replacing to fix this. I've looked absolutely all over the internet and nobody can say which are the DRL fuses on a 2014 VW Jetta SE.

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is still no way to know what each fuse is for nor which are the fuses for the DRLs. After replacing the burnt out bulb, the DRL is still out on one side. There's no way to know which fuse needs replacing to fix this. I've looked absolutely all over the internet and nobody can say which are the DRL fuses on a 2014 VW Jetta SE.
Check this out:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts