Volkswagen Owners Club Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New fault indication has started on my Mk6 Golf CC GT (2012, 29K miles). The indicator showing DSG mode (D, S or P) and gear number, flashes alternately with a spanner symbol. This happens after the engine has fully warmed up and doesn't go away until it has fully cooled down after stopping the engine. It happens in any driving mode and regardless of load on the engine. No info on this sort of warning in the handbook and VW dealer seems clueless - "Book it in and we'll have a look at it." Does anyone have any idea what the problem might be and what the solution is?

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
It could just need an update, or there was a failure when it went to shift into
that gear. There are shift fork position sensors, and if the one for that gear
isn't signaling properly, then can happen. You can take it in, but do not
authorize any repairs. All I have seen with this issue was a software
update fix.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi, I have 2012 VW polo, I noticed this same thing happening last night. There doesn’t seem to be an issue with the car (as in it sounds fine) but I’m concerned it will do damage if I keep driving it like this? Did we end up figuring out what this signal means? Thanks

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I have 2012 VW polo, I noticed this same thing happening last night. There doesn’t seem to be an issue with the car (as in it sounds fine) but I’m concerned it will do damage if I keep driving it like this? Did we end up figuring out what this signal means? Thanks
Did you came to know what was the issue ? It just started for me ...
I m really worried ..

·
Registered
5 Posts
common fault it's the mechatronic valve body housing cracks and the mechatronic unit loses hydraulic pressure you should see green fluid coming out of breather on top

·
Registered
2 Posts
common fault it's the mechatronic valve body housing cracks and the mechatronic unit loses hydraulic pressure you should see green fluid coming out of breather on top
what should One do ??
and it gonna cost me a lot right?
The thing is today i tried reversing the car.. my Gear was on R! but the car dint reverse....

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the same problem. The car is igniting well but the gears are not engaging. The spanner keep flashing on the gear number display. The vehicle isn't moving at all. What could be the reason. Someone help me please

·
Registered
3 Posts
My car is doing the same I was driving 110km/h then the spanner started flashing but the car it's driving fine.. I tried to call some few people most of them are clueless and I check the green fluid on top there was no fluid coming out

·
Registered
3 Posts
Anyone who had the same problem spanner flashing but the car still drives fine what was the problem how did you fix the problem

·
Registered
1 Posts
Flashing spanner means your transmission control module logged some static or intermittent errors. Before making any conclusions you will need to read those TCM errors either with VCDS or OBDeleven or any other solution capable to read vag's transmission module. More likely you will see some hydraulic pressure related errors which will most likely lead to mechatronic unit replacement. dont ignore flashing spanner go to diagnostic asap

·
Registered
1 Posts
Flashing spanner means your transmission control module logged some static or intermittent errors. Before making any conclusions you will need to read those TCM errors either with VCDS or OBDeleven or any other solution capable to read vag's transmission module. More likely you will see some hydraulic pressure related errors which will most likely lead to mechatronic unit replacement. dont ignore flashing spanner go to diagnostic asap

Its the mechatronic. A sensitive DSG gear shifter in automatic Audis and VWs.

Its been a common issue with DSG and about time they set a recall for the vehicles with this issue and fix it free of charge.
It costs around $3k AUD to replace the mechatronic. Its risky to drive the vehicles with spanner blinking in the dash. Could breakdown anywhere.

I'd rather sell it back to VW.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts